Osmocote Topdress is a coated fertilizer that is specially developed for topdress applications in container nursery stock. Osmocote Topdress combines the Osmocote coating and a small amount of directly available N and P and releases its nutrients over a period of 5-6 months. Osmocote Topdress contains N, P, K, magnesium and iron.
- 1. Osmocote Topdress contains fast and slow release nitrogen and phosphorous.
- 2. Osmocote Topdress is dust free.
- 3. Osmocote Topdress contains a high nitrogen, magnesium and iron content for a direct greening effect.
Osmocote Topdress has been specifically developed for topdress applications in container nursery stock. Product can be topdressed on container plants for quick greening-up or for fast corrections of deficiency symptoms.
Topdressing can be done in case of overhead irrigation or drip irrigation. When using drip irrigation, the product should be placed directly under the dripper(s). Irrigate well after application.
Container Nursery Stock 2 – 4 g/l
Fully coated calcium and magnesium fertilizer. Controlled release nitrogen, calcium and magnesium in one product. For pot plants, bedding plants, perennials and container nursery stock crops, providing extra calcium and magnesium. Ideal for mixing in substrates and beneficial in peat reduced growing media (substrates with woodfibre, bark, cocopeat, compost). Very suitable to use in combination with other Osmocotes and water soluble fertilizers.
- Apply controlled release nitrogen, calcium and magnesium with one product
- The solution for soft water irrigation systems: give your crops the calcium and magnesium they need
- Efficient calcium nutrition, thanks to daily release; in line with the plant’s calcium need
- Apply this product with other Osmocote products to make strong combinations
- Osmocote CalMag adds extra nitrogen during the first months of the growing cycle, when this is required by the crop (for example in perennials)
- Easy to use, effective calcium fertilizer with patterned release
- Lower emissions of nutrients, compared to water soluble calcium nitrate.
It is recommended to use Osmocote CalMag in combination with other Osmocote products or water-soluble fertilizers.
The recommended application method is mixing into the substrate to obtain good granule distribution.
The product is ideal for use in specific situations where extra calcium or magnesium is needed. For example:
- Soft water conditions, where Osmocote CalMag can be used as base application of calcium and magnesium
- Peat-reduced potting soils, where Osmocote CalMag can compensate the nitrogen consumption of the materials and lack of calcium due to no or less liming.
- Crops with a high nutrition need for calcium or magnesium.
Cultivated in covered areas
|Growing System||CNS / Perennials||Pot plants / Bedding plants in greenhouses|
|100% CRF (Osmocote)*||1.0 g/l||1.0 g/l|
|50% CRF + 50% WSF||1.5-2.0 g/l||1.5-2.0 g/l|
|100% WSF (Water Soluble Fertilizer)||2.0 g/l||2.0 g/l|
*It is recommended to adjust the rate of Osmocote Exact when Osmocote CalMag is mixed in.
Fully coated iron sulphate fertilizer with controlled release. For iron-demanding pot plants, bedding plants, perennials and container nursery stock. To be mixed into growing medium. Ideal for use in combination with other Osmocote products and water soluble fertilizers to easily and effectively increase iron level in growing media.
Please note: this product is temporarily unavailable until further notice.
- Daily release of iron (controlled release) and highest iron availability for plants at every moment in time.This sustainable way of iron application results in better leaf color and optimized photosynthesis which means healthy plants.
- More iron can be added easily. No interference with other Osmocote products.
- No need to apply iron via irrigation system. Iron-demanding plants can benefit from iron directly available at the roots when Osmocote Iron is mixed into the growing medium.
- Overcome efficacy problems with iron chelate in UV disinfectors: chelates break down when exposed to UV. Osmocote Iron is in the growing medium and always works unaffected.
- Effective, even at higher pH levels. Especially suitable for iron-demanding crops.
- It is recommended to use Osmocote Iron in combination with other Osmocote products or water-soluble fertilizers.
- The maximum rate of Osmocote Iron is 1.0 gram/liter.
- The recommended application method is mixing into the substrate to obtain good granule distribution.
|Growing system||Cultivated in uncovered areas||Cultivated in covered areas|
|CNS||Perennials||Pot plants||Bedding plants|
|100% CRF||0.5 g/l||0.5 g/l||0.5 g/l||0.5 g/l|
|50% CRF + 50% WSF||0.5-1.0 g/l||0.5-1.0 g/l||0.5-1.0 g/l||0.5-1.0 g/l|
|100% WSF||Max. 1.0 g/l||Max. 1.0 g/l||Max. 1.0 g/l||Max. 1.0 g/l|
Rate depending on specific crop needs.